Chopped green chilies give this summer side dish lots of zip - a popular flavor around Mom's Arizona home. It's a tasty way to use up a bounty of garden vegetables. -Karen Wingate, Coldwater, Kansas
- 3 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini and onion in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the chilies, tomato, salt if desire, pepper and garlic powder. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes. Spoon into a serving bowl and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Sante Fe in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p35
Reviews for Zucchini Santa Fe
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review