Zucchini Saltimbocca Recipe
These unique snacks have the best of both worlds...a crunchy outside and a cheesy inside! Even folks who don't like zucchini will gobble them up.—Janet Rinehart, Chillicote, Ohio
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 ounces Asiago cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1. Cut zucchini lengthwise into eight 1/4-in. slices; discard ends. Layer cheese and sage on four zucchini slices; top with remaining zucchini. Wrap two pieces of prosciutto around each zucchini stack. Carefully cut each stack widthwise into fourths.
- 2. Place the flour, egg whites and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip stacks in flour, egg whites, then bread crumbs. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Yield: 16 servings.
1 each: 50 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Zucchini Saltimbocca
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC