Zucchini Salsa Recipe
I received this recipe through a friend at a weight loss group. I make at least 8 batches of the salsa every year. It's truly a hit with family and friends! —Cheryl Jacobsen, Warburg, Alberta
- 5 cups shredded zucchini (about 5 medium)
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cumin, nutmeg and turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 40-50 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with your favorite snack chips or grilled meats.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled salsa in freezer containers. To use, thaw completely in refrigerator. Yield: 7 cups.
1/4 cup equals 35 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Zucchini Salsa
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC