Zucchini Salsa Verde Recipe
This is the best green salsa ever; it's bright and sweet with just the right hint of spice.—Donna Kelly, Provo, Utah
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 2 poblano peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tomatillos, husks removed and quartered
- 3 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons honey, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a grill wok or basket. Grill vegetables, covered, over medium heat for 18-22 minutes or until slightly charred and tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Cool slightly. Finely chop and transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the lime juice, hot sauce, lime peel, salt and honey, if desired. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup equals 44 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Zucchini Salsa Verde
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC