My husband and I have a big garden and grow a variety of vegetables, including lots of zucchini. That abundant summer produce stars in this simple salad. —Shirley Smith, Wichita, Kansas
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- In a bowl, combine the zucchini, artichokes, mushrooms, olives and water chestnuts. Combine the ranch dressing mix and Italian dressing; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Drain; serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p216
Reviews for Zucchini Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2014
"A fantastic summer salad to use all the zucchini from the garden! Terrific flavor and easy to make! I added some Roma tomatoes for color and my 9 year old couldn't stop eating it!"