My husband and I have a big garden and grow a variety of vegetables, including lots of zucchini. That abundant summer produce stars in this simple salad. —Shirley Smith, Wichita, Kansas
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- In a bowl, combine the zucchini, artichokes, mushrooms, olives and water chestnuts. Combine the ranch dressing mix and Italian dressing; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Drain; serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p216
Reviews for Zucchini Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2014
"A fantastic summer salad to use all the zucchini from the garden! Terrific flavor and easy to make! I added some Roma tomatoes for color and my 9 year old couldn't stop eating it!"