Zucchini Romano Recipe
- 5 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1-1/3 cups (2.8 ounces) French's® Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Place zucchini in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 5 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- 2. Meanwhile, on a microwave-safe plate, heat onions for 45 seconds. Cool. Place onions, cheese and nutmeg in a resealable plastic bag. Crush onions with hands or rolling pin.
- 3. In a serving bowl, layer 1/3 zucchini with 1/3 onion mixture. Drizzle with 1/3 the butter. Repeat layers twice. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC