6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 5 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1-1/3 cups (2.8 ounces) French's® Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place zucchini in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 5 minutes or until tender. Drain
- Meanwhile, on a microwave-safe plate, heat onions for 45 seconds.
- Cool. Place onions, cheese and nutmeg in a resealable plastic bag.
- Crush onions with hands or rolling pin.
- In a serving bowl, layer 1/3 zucchini with 1/3 onion mixture. Drizzle
- with 1/3 the butter. Repeat layers twice. Yield: 6 servings.