- 5 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1-1/3 cups (2.8 ounces) French's® Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place zucchini in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 5 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, on a microwave-safe plate, heat onions for 45 seconds. Cool. Place onions, cheese and nutmeg in a resealable plastic bag. Crush onions with hands or rolling pin.
- In a serving bowl, layer 1/3 zucchini with 1/3 onion mixture. Drizzle with 1/3 the butter. Repeat layers twice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Romano in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p50
Reviews for Zucchini Romano(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review