Zucchini Red Pepper Lasagna Recipe
- 1 carton (15 ounces) Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 jars (one 24 ounces, one 14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, eggs and pesto; set aside. In a large skillet, saute zucchini and mushrooms in oil until tender; set aside.
- 2. Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles; spread 1 cup sauce to edges of noodles. Layer with half of the zucchini mixture, red peppers and cheese mixture. Top with three more noodles and another cup of sauce. Layer with remaining zucchini mixture, peppers, cheese mixture, noodles and sauce.
- 3. Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 241 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 651 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.