Pesto adds zip to this lasagna that's simply overflowing with vegetables and cheese. And with sliced portobello mushrooms in every bite, this hearty dish from our Test Kitchen is perfect for company. Just serve it with a side salad and dinner's done.
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 jars (one 24 ounces, one 14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, eggs and pesto; set aside. In a large skillet, saute zucchini and mushrooms in oil until tender; set aside.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles; spread 1 cup sauce to edges of noodles. Layer with half of the zucchini mixture, red peppers and cheese mixture. Top with three more noodles and another cup of sauce. Layer with remaining zucchini mixture, peppers, cheese mixture, noodles and sauce.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Red Pepper Lasagna in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p49
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Zucchini Red Pepper Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review