Zucchini Raisin Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded peeled zucchini
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add egg; beat well. Stir in zucchini; set aside. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cloves. Add to zucchini mixture; stir until thoroughly combine. Stir in raisins. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Cookies are cake-like. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Zucchini Raisin Cookies(8)
Sort By :
Yummy! I made them exactly as directed. Yes, they were sticky...I sprayed some Pam on my hands to help with that! It does not make a ton, so I would double it if you're looking to make a nice big batch to share.
These where not my favorite cookie. They did not make as much as said not even close and I used a small scoper to get them all the same size and they look to me the same size as the picture. The flavor was not all that great not bad but nothing I would want to share.
I am also a subscriber to Healthy Cooking and i enjoy the receipes that are re-makes and this as well as other zucchnini cookies would be appriciated. I made these for my husband and son but could only enjoy one serving for myself and they were GREAT ;-) and would love to enjoy more. Thank you, Anne Wampler
These are delicious! I, too, added an extra cup of flour and had no problem with sticking. Some chopped walnuts would be a nice addition. You can't even tell these have zucchini in them, and it gives them a really nice texture.
I recommend using 3 cups of flour and that makes non stick and much more cake like