- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded peeled zucchini
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add egg; beat well. Stir in zucchini; set aside. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cloves. Add to zucchini mixture; stir until thoroughly combine. Stir in raisins. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Cookies are cake-like. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Zucchini Raisin Cookies
Sort By :
"After reading the reviews, and the story, I decided to try these. I have a bunch of zucchini so wanted to try some new things.I made just as stated Used up all my raisins so had to use craisins in another zucchini recipe..great substitution!!), got 18 lovely cookies, and they were delicious!! I love older tried and true recipes...I think perhaps some of the reviewers used very wet zucchini..i grate it on my box grater, then patted it dry. Had no sticky problems. Be aware that adding extra flour may change the way the cookies come out, and overmixing may make them tougher.Enjoyed this recipe! thank you!"
"Yummy! I made them exactly as directed. Yes, they were sticky...I sprayed some Pam on my hands to help with that! It does not make a ton, so I would double it if you're looking to make a nice big batch to share.~ Theresa"
"These where not my favorite cookie. They did not make as much as said not even close and I used a small scoper to get them all the same size and they look to me the same size as the picture. The flavor was not all that great not bad but nothing I would want to share."
"I am also a subscriber to Healthy Cooking and i enjoy the receipes that are re-makes and this as well as other zucchnini cookies would be appriciated. I made these for my husband and son but could only enjoy one serving for myself and they were GREAT ;-) and would love to enjoy more. Thank you, Anne Wampler"
"These are delicious! I, too, added an extra cup of flour and had no problem with sticking. Some chopped walnuts would be a nice addition. You can't even tell these have zucchini in them, and it gives them a really nice texture."