Zucchini Raisin Cookies Recipe
This favorite old recipe means a lot to me, since it was given to me by a good friend. That friend, in turn, received it from her great-grandmother. I'm always looking for ways to use zucchini (I even add it to my spaghetti sauce), so this was a welcome addition to my recipe file.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:18 servings
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded peeled zucchini
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add egg; beat well. Stir in zucchini; set aside. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cloves. Add to zucchini mixture; stir until thoroughly combine. Stir in raisins. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Cookies are cake-like. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 172 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC