Billie Hersh of Ritzville, Washington makes this moist bread with shredded zucchini, plump raisins and cinnamon. "Try slices of it toasted," she suggests.
Recommended: 25 Stuffing Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final kneading (machine may audibly signal this), add the raisins. Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Zucchini Raisin Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p34
Reviews for Zucchini Raisin Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2015
"What loaf size is this recipe? 1 lb? 2 lb?"
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2011
"I used golden raisins, delicious!"