- 1 pound zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pie shell (9 inches), baked
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- In a small skillet, saute zucchini in butter until tender; drain. Place half the zucchini in the crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, cream, eggs, salt, oregano, basil, garlic powder and pepper. Pour into crust. Arrange remaining zucchini slices over top. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Quiche
"This recipe is delicious and so easy to make!"
"I added crumbled bacon (two strips) and sautéed onions with the zucchini. This was excellent! We will make it again. Maybe tomorrow since my family was sad there weren't leftovers."
"Looks yummy but is there a way to modify it so you don't need a crust -- like using Bisquick in it?"
"This was a very good Quiche we really liked it and will make it often I added grated parmesan cheese and it was wonderful. Thanks"
"Well, I am about to put it in the oven and I don't know what oven temp I should be using."
"What is the oven temperature?"
"I love this quiche. It's a big hit at my house. I make it all the time. I double it. I love the leftovers. Great for church lunches too."
"WoW!!! I tripled this recipe, shredded 1 zucchini and added about 1/4 cup finely chopped asparagus and Wow! Delicious. I cooked in a large cast iron skillet (deep) for about 35-40 min. This is a great recipe-whole family enjoyed."
"My family and I like this recipe very much. It is one of our favorite zucchini recipes. I did not change any of the ingredients."