My sister created this recipe and shared it with me. She has a huge vegetable garden and each year works with her abundant yield, combining her vegetables in many different ways. Somehow, she always seems to come up with a new dish that's both colorful and delicious!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in zucchini, green pepper, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Provencal in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p17
Reviews for Zucchini Provencal
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review