Zucchini/Potato Soup Recipe
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 small zucchini (about 1 pound), thinly sliced
- 1 large potato, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in zucchini, potato and onion. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat eggs; blend in lemon juice and 1/2 cup hot broth. Return to the saucepan. Heat over medium for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Do not boil. Stir in dill, salt and pepper. Yield: about 2 quarts.
1 cup: 91 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Zucchini/Potato Soup
"Oh, I did add 1/4 tsp of garlic powder, 1 1/2 tsp of salt and one more potato since we all love our potatoes."
"This is a good way to use up zucchini. My husband has been on a dairy free diet for many years and has missed the creamy type soups. He loved this soup saying it was a good substitute for a creamy soup. My 8 and 10 year old kids liked it too. Will be making it again."