When my husband and I planted our first garden, we overdid it with the zucchini plants. By the end of harvest, I was at my wit's end wondering what I could do with the rest of the zucchini. My sister saved the day with this soup, although I added the potato and eggs to make the recipe my own.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 small zucchini (about 1 pound), thinly sliced
- 1 large potato, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in zucchini, potato and
- onion. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs; blend in lemon juice and 1/2 cup hot
- broth. Return to the saucepan. Heat over medium for 1 minute,
- stirring constantly. Do not boil. Stir in dill, salt and pepper.
- Yield: about 2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 91 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 611 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.