- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 small zucchini (about 1 pound), thinly sliced
- 1 large potato, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in zucchini, potato and onion. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs; blend in lemon juice and 1/2 cup hot broth. Return to the saucepan. Heat over medium for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Do not boil. Stir in dill, salt and pepper. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Originally published as Zucchini/Potato Soup in Country June/July 1992, p49
Reviews for Zucchini/Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2012
"Oh, I did add 1/4 tsp of garlic powder, 1 1/2 tsp of salt and one more potato since we all love our potatoes."