Zucchini Potato Pancakes
Living on a 90-acre farm, I've learned to love gardening and canning. I freeze lots of zucchini already measured out for this recipe. With my family of five, I can never get away with making just one batch of these delicious pancakes!
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 large potatoes, peeled and finely shredded (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sour cream
- In a sieve or colander, drain zucchini, squeezing to remove excess
- liquid. Place zucchini in a bowl; add potato and onion. Stir in the
- cornmeal, flour, salt and egg; mix well.
- Coat the bottom of a skillet with oil. Add 2 tablespoons batter.
- Press lightly to flatten. Cook over medium heat until golden brown,
- about 3-4 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve
- with sour cream. Yield: 16 pancakes.