Living on a 90-acre farm, I've learned to love gardening and canning. I freeze lots of zucchini already measured out for this recipe. With my family of five, I can never get away with making just one batch of these delicious pancakes!
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 large potatoes, peeled and finely shredded (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sour cream
- In a sieve or colander, drain zucchini, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Place zucchini in a bowl; add potato and onion. Stir in the cornmeal, flour, salt and egg; mix well.
- Coat the bottom of a skillet with oil. Add 2 tablespoons batter. Press lightly to flatten. Cook over medium heat until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 16 pancakes.
Originally published as Zucchini Potato Pancakes in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p36
Reviews for Zucchini Potato Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2015
"These are great. I really like the addition of zucchini & cornmeal"