Zucchini Pork Dinner Recipe
- 3/4 pound pork cutlets, cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 medium zucchini, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, cook pork in oil until browned, about 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic; cook for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add tomato juice and seasonings; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the zucchini; cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Serve over noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 155 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 444mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Zucchini Pork Dinner
"I just used some left over pieces of pork that I had frozen from another dinner. I used two 8 oz cans of tomato sauce instead and then I increased the spices to fit. The only noodles I had were orzo and it tasted great!"
"This was great and quick i followed the recipe exactly i would make this again for sure. Bonus my husband and daughter loved it as well."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.