My mom gave me a recipe for zucchini casserole and I added the meat because I was trying to make a one-dish supper. I look forward to fresh zucchini now. —Linda Martin, Rhinebeck, New York
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned cubed stuffing mix, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 pounds zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- Water or additional milk
- In a large bowl, combine two-thirds of the stuffing mix with butter; place half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In another large bowl, combine the zucchini, carrots, soup, milk, sour cream, parsley and pepper; spoon over stuffing. Sprinkle remaining buttered stuffing on top.
- Crush remaining stuffing mix; place in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, add the water or milk. Dip pork chops in water or milk then roll in stuffing crumbs.
- Place pork on top of stuffing mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until pork chops are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Pork Chop Supper in Country August/September 1996, p51
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Zucchini Pork Chop Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review