Zucchini Pork Chop Supper Recipe
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned cubed stuffing mix, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 pounds zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- Water or additional milk
- In a large bowl, combine two-thirds of the stuffing mix with butter; place half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In another large bowl, combine the zucchini, carrots, soup, milk, sour cream, parsley and pepper; spoon over stuffing. Sprinkle remaining buttered stuffing on top.
- Crush remaining stuffing mix; place in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, add the water or milk. Dip pork chops in water or milk then roll in stuffing crumbs.
- Place pork on top of stuffing mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until pork chops are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Zucchini Pork Chop Supper(3)
Sort By :
My mom got me a taste of home quick n easy recipe book. The inside out cabbage rolls were fantastic so I decided to try this. Yuck! It didn't even get done. I don't know who came up with it but it's so bland. Tastes like prison food. The only good thing I learned was pork chops breaded in stuffing mix is pretty good.
I thought it was pretty good, the pork chops turned out perfect..i thought it was a little bland , but my boyfriend ate the leftovers the next day too and he said that it was actually better the second day ..the flavors blended better..maybe the soup part should be made ahead of time and chilled? I'd make it again
The pork chops turned out good but there was to much soup in with the vegetables but it tastes good. Maybe more stuffing should be added.