Zucchini Pizza Loaves Recipe
"Full of healthy veggies, these loaves taste like indulgent pizzas-even picky eaters go back for seconds. In summer, I assemble and freeze several to serve at winter potlucks and parties." —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 3 slices provolone cheese, chopped
- 1 ounce sliced turkey pepperoni, julienned
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion, mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato, olives and Italian seasoning; remove from the heat.
- 2. Unroll one loaf of dough, starting at the seam. Pat into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle half of the provolone and pepperoni to within 1/2 in. of edges. Spread with half of the zucchini mixture; sprinkle with half of the mozzarella.
- 3. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining dough, pepperoni, cheeses and zucchini mixture.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 2 loaves (4 servings each).
1 slice equals 322 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 801 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC