Zucchini Pizza Loaves Recipe
"Full of healthy veggies, these loaves taste like indulgent pizzas-even picky eaters go back for seconds. In summer, I assemble and freeze several to serve at winter potlucks and parties." —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 3 slices provolone cheese, chopped
- 1 ounce sliced turkey pepperoni, julienned
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion, mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato, olives and Italian seasoning; remove from the heat.
- Unroll one loaf of dough, starting at the seam. Pat into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle half of the provolone and pepperoni to within 1/2 in. of edges. Spread with half of the zucchini mixture; sprinkle with half of the mozzarella.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining dough, pepperoni, cheeses and zucchini mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 2 loaves (4 servings each).
Originally published as Zucchini Pizza Loaves in Country Woman August/September 2008, p32
Reviews for Zucchini Pizza Loaves(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2014
We made this to watch the Super Bowl and loved it. My hope was that we would eat less of this than ordering pizza. Well, my husband and I polished it off before half time. Very good. We will make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Sandwich Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Bread Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Mushroom Bread Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Sandwiches >
- Quick Bread Recipes >
- Sandwiches >