Zucchini Pizza Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- Place zucchini in strainer; sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 10 minutes. Squeeze out moisture.
- Combine zucchini with the eggs, Parmesan and half of the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Press into greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce; spoon over zucchini mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; add green pepper. Bake 20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Zucchini Pizza Casserole
Sort By :
"great recipe. Good way to use up all the zucchini from our garden."
"I cut in squares and took to a Potluck, it was a hit! My changes were I used 1/2 ground turkey and 1/2 pork sausage. Had eggplant in garden so grated in with zucchini. Will make again."
"My husband is NOT a picky eater - but my children and I are. We all loved this so much we made it twice and brought it to a family party where it was devoured! Great texture, flavor and taste. I made sure to not only drain the zucchini but blotted it with paper towels - It was PERFECT!"
"This was wonderful tasting! In place of the ground beef I used sausage and in place of the Italian tomato sauce I used homemade marinara. The zucchini will be soggy if you don't drain it properly, but it still tastes good. You can pour off the extra liquid for nice and firm leftovers."
"Awesome will make again and again"