Zucchini Pizza Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1. Place zucchini in strainer; sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 10 minutes. Squeeze out moisture.
- 2. Combine zucchini with the eggs, Parmesan and half of the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce; spoon over zucchini mixture.
- 4. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; add green pepper. Bake 20 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 5. Freeze option: Cool baked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap casserole; reheat on a lower oven rack until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 311 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 754 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.