Everyone enjoys the flavor of this delicious and different way to serve zucchini. It is a healthy, quick meal to prepare and a change from what we know as pizza. I serve it quite often to my guests and they can never guess what the "secret ingredient" is!
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 to 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Press excess liquid from zucchini and place in a bowl. Add eggs, flour, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon basil and salt; mix well. Spread evenly over the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°. Sprinkle zucchini crust with olives, green onions, green pepper, cheese, and remaining oregano and basil. Cover with tomato slices.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Pizza in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p22
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Zucchini Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review