Zucchini Pineapple Jam
Need a way to use up zucchini? Try this wonderfully flavored jam. The pineapple adds so much sweetness.—Kathy Weese, Jackson, Ohio
68 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 6 cups seeded, shredded, peeled zucchini
- 6 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- In a large kettle, bring the zucchini and sugar to a boil. Boil and
- stir constantly for 6 minutes. Add the lemon juice and pineapple;
- cook and stir for 8 minutes. Add gelatin; stir for 1 minute. Remove
- from the heat. Skim off any foam; fill jars or plastic containers.
- Cool before covering with lids. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks. Yield:
- 8-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 84 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.