Meals are even more memorable when I complement them with this light garden-fresh bread. The zucchini makes it so moist and tender...and the pineapple lends a delicate tropical twist to every delicious slice.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, zucchini, oil, pineapple and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; stir into egg mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts and raisins if desired.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Pineapple Zucchini Bread in Country Woman September/October 2000, p31
Reviews for Zucchini Pineapple Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review