Zucchini Pineapple Bread Recipe
Meals are even more memorable when I complement them with this light garden-fresh bread. The zucchini makes it so moist and tender...and the pineapple lends a delicate tropical twist to every delicious slice.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:32 servings
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, zucchini, oil, pineapple and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; stir into egg mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts and raisins if desired.
- 2. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 202 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC