- 2 cups water
- 4 cups sliced peeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add zucchini; cook for 3 minutes. Drain and pat dry. In a bowl, combine the zucchini, sugars, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon, cream of tartar and salt. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- For topping, in a bowl, combine the flour and sugars. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over zucchini mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly around the edges. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Pie in Country Extra July 2002, p23
Reviews for Zucchini Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2010
Very good, tastes like apples! I might cut the brown sugar in half next time, it was a little sweet for me