Zucchini Picadillo Sandwich Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef, sausage, onion and garlic; drain. Add tomatoes, zucchini, rice, water, basil and salt; cook until zucchini and rice are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, form eight 3-in. balls from aluminum foil; place on a baking sheet. Drape a flour tortilla over the top of each ball; secure sides with toothpicks to form a shell.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove the toothpicks; place shells on plates. Fill with zucchini mixture; serve warm. Zucchini mixture can also be served as a dip with tortilla chips. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 313 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 580 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.