"This savory snack served in homemade tortilla cups or with chips is fun and filling," reports Mary Livengood of Indianapolis, Indiana.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef, sausage, onion and garlic; drain. Add tomatoes, zucchini, rice, water, basil and salt; cook until zucchini and rice are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, form eight 3-in. balls from aluminum foil; place on a baking sheet. Drape a flour tortilla over the top of each ball; secure sides with toothpicks to form a shell.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove the toothpicks; place shells on plates. Fill with zucchini mixture; serve warm. Zucchini mixture can also be served as a dip with tortilla chips. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Picadillo Sandwich in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p64
Reviews for Zucchini Picadillo Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review