Zucchini Pesto with Shrimp and Farfalle Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked multigrain bow tie pasta
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano or Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute zucchini in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Remove from the pan and cool slightly.
- 2. Drain pasta, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid. In a food processor, combine the basil, 1/4 cup cheese, pine nuts, garlic, reserved cooking liquid and 2/3 cup cooked zucchini. Cover and process until pureed.
- 3. In the same Dutch oven, cook onion in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the shrimp, pasta and remaining zucchini. Add the pureed mixture, milk, lemon juice, salt, lemon peel and pepper; toss to coat. Heat through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 368 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 827mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Zucchini Pesto with Shrimp and Farfalle
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.