Zucchini Patties with Dill Dip Recipe
Kelly Maxwell Plainfield, Illinois “These crisp-tender patties are a nice alternative to crab cakes and tastevery similar, thanks to the seafood seasoning. They always get gobbled up!”
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1. For dip, in a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Place zucchini in a colander to drain; squeeze to remove excess liquid. Pat dry; set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, seafood seasoning and garlic powder. Stir in egg and butter until blended. Add the carrot, onion and zucchini.
- 4. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Shape zucchini mixture into 24 small patties; coat with flour.
- 5. Heat oil in a large skillet; fry patties, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. Serve with dip. Yield: 2 dozen (3/4 cup dip).
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC