Zucchini Patties with Dill Dip Recipe
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1. For dip, in a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Place zucchini in a colander to drain; squeeze to remove excess liquid. Pat dry; set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, seafood seasoning and garlic powder. Stir in egg and butter until blended. Add the carrot, onion and zucchini.
- 4. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Shape zucchini mixture into 24 small patties; coat with flour.
- 5. Heat oil in a large skillet; fry patties, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. Serve with dip. Yield: 2 dozen (3/4 cup dip).
Reviews for Zucchini Patties with Dill Dip
"I agree, you have to really strain out the liquid in the zucchini first. My kids who hate zucchini LOVED these. These are really easy to play with ingredients-add a little parmesan or a little more garlic, its up to you!. I love the idea of baking on a cookie sheet with olive oil, too. I tried both methods (i have made these twice now) and both turn out really well. Sour cream dip goes so well with it."
"Delicious! I grated my carrot with the zucchini. I made one in the frying pan before making all of them so I could taste if it needed a little more seasoning or not. Not sure what one of the reviewers is talking about with them falling apart, they obviously didn't let the zucchini drain or they dont know how to cook. Squeeze out all the water next time."
"These were delicious. I too only ended up with 18. Even my 4 year old liked them. Yummers!"
"Absolutely fantastic! I followed the recipe as directed, but only wound up with 15 patties. Guess I made them too big, but no one was complaining. :) The dill dip is the perfect accompaniment."
"I make these at least once a summer. The dill dip is the perfect accompaniment."
"We had these at our annual knitting retreat; all 13 people there requested the recipe. It is fantabulous."
"Loved this with the seafood seasoning. Shredded the carrots and onion. Made sure I drained everything really well before forming the patties and they were very delicious."
"Love the dill dip!"
"I added some chopped celery and mushrooms to it, and used crumbled up toast (was cleaning out the fridge and out of bread crumbs). Really good, and VERY filling."
"These were great. I had a bumper crop of zucchini this year. So I have been hunting for zucchini recipes. The kids inhaled these as fast as I could make them. I found the prep time to be shorter than the 25 minutes. My family has been asking when we can have it again."
"These are fantastic! I took them to a BBQ and they got rave reviews. I was not expecting them to be as delicious as they were and was very pleasantly surprised! The dip is superb as well. I will definately make these again!"