“The taste of this rich and creamy dish will have people convinced it's not low fat, but it is!” Garlicky and fresh-flavored, this will be a hit. Maria Regakis - Somerville, Massachusetts
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 4 cups coarsely shredded zucchini (about 3 medium)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook linguine according to package directions. In a sieve or
- colander, drain the zucchini, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute zucchini in oil for 2 minutes. Add
- garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until zucchini is tender.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the yogurt, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Drain linguine; add to zucchini mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 219 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.