Zucchini Pasta Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked tricolor spiral pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a small skillet, saute vegetables in oil until tender, about 7 minutes. Stir in the bread crumbs, salt and pepper; cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in pasta. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 305 calories, 15g fat (0g saturated fat), 0.550mg cholesterol, 668mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 7g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 fat
Reviews for Zucchini Pasta Casserole
"It tasted good but it was too dry."
"To cut calories and fats I used Olive oil to saute the vegetables and sprayed the casserole dish and it turned out dry. Would using vegetable oil and Crisco to grease the pan make a difference?"