Zucchini Pasta Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked tricolor spiral pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a small skillet, saute vegetables in oil until tender, about 7 minutes. Stir in the bread crumbs, salt and pepper; cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in pasta. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared without Parmesan cheese) equals 3 fat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable; also, 305 calories, 668 mg sodium, trace cholesterol, 37 gm carbohydrate, 7 gm protein, 15 gm fat.