MY HUSBAND is the gardener in our family, and I love to create new recipes with the produce. This dish is the result of one of my efforts during an especially bountiful zucchini harvest. —Nettie Gornick Butler, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked tricolor spiral pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a small skillet, saute vegetables in oil until tender, about 7 minutes. Stir in the bread crumbs, salt and pepper; cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in pasta. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Pasta Casserole in Reminisce Extra April 1997, p47
Reviews for Zucchini Pasta Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2014
"It tasted good but it was too dry."
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2009
"To cut calories and fats I used Olive oil to saute the vegetables and sprayed the casserole dish and it turned out dry. Would using vegetable oil and Crisco to grease the pan make a difference?"