MY HUSBAND is the gardener in our family, and I love to create new recipes with the produce. This dish is the result of one of my efforts during an especially bountiful zucchini harvest. —Nettie Gornick Butler, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked tricolor spiral pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a small skillet, saute vegetables in oil until tender, about 7 minutes. Stir in the bread crumbs, salt and pepper; cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in pasta. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Pasta Casserole in Reminisce Extra April 1997, p47
Reviews for Zucchini Pasta Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2014
"It tasted good but it was too dry."
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2009
"To cut calories and fats I used Olive oil to saute the vegetables and sprayed the casserole dish and it turned out dry. Would using vegetable oil and Crisco to grease the pan make a difference?"