Zucchini Pasta Bake
My husband is a gardener in our family, and I love to create new recipes with produce. I developed this dish during an especially bountiful zucchini harvest.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons nonfat Parmesan cheese topping
- In a small skillet, saute vegetables in oil until tender, about 7
- minutes. Stir in the bread crumbs, salt and pepper; cook for 2-3
- minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in pasta. Pour into a greased
- 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese topping. Bake, uncovered, at
- 375° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 recipe equals 277 calories, 10 g fat (0 saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 lean meat.