You'll knock their socks off with this easy-to-prep side dish that's absolutely delicious. My favorite time to make it is when the zucchini is fresh out of the garden. —Sandi Guettler, Bay City, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini in oil until crisp-tender. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the tomatoes, seasoned salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered,
- for 9-10 minutes or until liquid is evaporated. Sprinkle with
- Parmesan cheese. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 81 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 581 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.