These pancakes are very tasty and easy to make. And they're a nice change of pace from potato pancakes.Charlotte Goldberg, Honey Grove, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons biscuit/baking mix
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash pepper
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a sieve or colander, drain the zucchini, squeezing to remove
- excess liquid. Pat dry; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the
- baking mix, cheese and pepper. Stir in egg until blended. Add the
- zucchini; toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; drop 1/4 cupfuls of
- batter into skillet and press lightly to flatten. Fry for 2 minutes
- on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pancake equals 88 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.