Zucchini Pancakes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons biscuit/baking mix
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. In a sieve or colander, drain the zucchini, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the baking mix, cheese and pepper. Stir in egg until blended. Add the zucchini; toss to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; drop 1/4 cupfuls of batter into skillet and press lightly to flatten. Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pancake: 88 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Zucchini Pancakes
"These were very good, but with about 1/4 c. onion they are delicious! I made them as a side to dinner, but they would be great as breakfast. Substituted coconut oil (unflavored) for the canola oil."
"I recall trying out this recipe when it was featured in Taste of Home! I'd adjusted the recipe by using 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. pepper. If zucchini wasn't available, I used shredded peeled potatoes! When I made these pancakes, I did find them to be tasty and it is a very creative way to use zucchini! I don't recall adding onion, but that is a very good idea from the readers who tried this recipe! Thank you all for sharing with Taste of Home!delowenstein"
"Love it!!!! Can't wait to make it again (tomorrow) and use up some more of those zucchinis. I took the suggestion of adding a little onion. Yum."
"I love zucchini. This recipe is simple and delicious. The only thing I did differently was to add some onion."
"Another tasty way to use zucchini"
"As this stands, it's OK. It only makes 4 pancakes (NOT 4 servings). I'm going to do some experimentation and add some red bell pepper, onion and garlic for more flavor and nutrition."
"I would change nothing. This was perfect!"
"what a great way to use all that extra zucchini, was better tasting than potato pancakes."