“This recipe is easy, healthy and tasty,” says Grace Bryant of Merritt Island, Florida. What a clever way to use up all that zucchini from the garden!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 3 tablespoons biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place zucchini in a colander to drain; squeeze to remove excess
- liquid. Pat dry. In a small bowl, combine the zucchini, biscuit mix,
- egg, cheese, basil if desired, salt and pepper.
- Spoon by 1/3 cupful onto a large skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pancake (prepared with reduced-fat cheese) equals 115 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 383 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.