- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons biscuit/baking mix
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Sour cream, optional
- Place zucchini in a colander over a plate; let stand to drain. Squeeze and blot dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl, mix egg, cheese, baking mix and pepper. Add zucchini; toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Drop four pancakes into skillet; press lightly to flatten. Cook until golden brown, 2 minutes per side. If desired, serve with sour cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forZucchini Pancakes
"I have no idea why, I wrung out the zucchini to the extent it was almost dry, and yet the batter was runny. Followed the recipe to the letter. diappointed"
"I recall trying out this recipe when it was featured in Taste of Home! I'd adjusted the recipe by using 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. pepper. If zucchini wasn't available, I used shredded peeled potatoes! When I made these pancakes, I did find them to be tasty and it is a very creative way to use zucchini! I don't recall adding onion, but that is a very good idea from the readers who tried this recipe! Thank you all for sharing with Taste of Home!delowenstein"
"Love it!!!! Can't wait to make it again (tomorrow) and use up some more of those zucchinis. I took the suggestion of adding a little onion. Yum."
"I love zucchini. This recipe is simple and delicious. The only thing I did differently was to add some onion."
"Another tasty way to use zucchini"
"As this stands, it's OK. It only makes 4 pancakes (NOT 4 servings). I'm going to do some experimentation and add some red bell pepper, onion and garlic for more flavor and nutrition."
"I would change nothing. This was perfect!"
"what a great way to use all that extra zucchini, was better tasting than potato pancakes."