Zucchini Oven Omelet
Having been married for 50 years, I've had a lot of experience cooking meals for family and friends. They enjoy whatever I make, but this variation of a standard omelet is everyone's favorite.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cups chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute zucchini and green pepper in oil
- until tender, about 3 minutes. Combine eggs, Parmesan cheese, cream,
- butter, salt and pepper; pour over the vegetable mixture. Cook and
- stir gently for 3 minutes or until eggs are set on bottom. Top with
- Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until eggs are set and cheese is
- melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 223 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 230 mg cholesterol, 369 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.