Zucchini Oven Omelet Recipe
Having been married for 50 years, I've had a lot of experience cooking meals for family and friends. They enjoy whatever I make, but this variation of a standard omelet is everyone's favorite.
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cups chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute zucchini and green pepper in oil until tender, about 3 minutes. Combine eggs, Parmesan cheese, cream, butter, salt and pepper; pour over the vegetable mixture. Cook and stir gently for 3 minutes or until eggs are set on bottom. Top with cheese.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until eggs are set and cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 223 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 230mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Zucchini Oven Omelet
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC