Zucchini Orange Salad Recipe
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, toss zucchini, onion and celery. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 1 hour.
- 2. Drain. Add the oranges, beans and water chestnuts. Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Pour over salad; cover and refrigerate 24 hours before serving. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 92 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Zucchini Orange Salad
"We love this refreshing salad. It's so easy to make. Even my kids like it."