I came up with this dish by downsizing my recipe for a crowd. I experimented with amounts, adding and deleting until I got it just right. This is a great side dish that goes well with any meat.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/3 cups sliced zucchini
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 8 crackers)
- In a large saucepan, combine the zucchini, water, onion and green
- pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes
- or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg. Add mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, salt
- and pepper; mix well. Stir into vegetable mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cracker
- crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until
- golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 619 calories, 54 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 137 mg cholesterol, 1,004 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.