I came up with this dish by downsizing my recipe for a crowd. I experimented with amounts, adding and deleting until I got it just right. This is a great side dish that goes well with any meat.
- 1-1/3 cups sliced zucchini
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 8 crackers)
- In a large saucepan, combine the zucchini, water, onion and green pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg. Add mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; mix well. Stir into vegetable mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Casserole in Reminisce May/June 2004, p50
Reviews for Zucchini-Onion Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review