Zucchini-Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
As any cook with a booming zucchini crop knows, you can never have too many recipes calling for that abundant vegetable!—Shirlee Nelson, Marcus, Iowa
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup raisins or chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Whisk the eggs and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moist. Fold in zucchini, raisins and pecans. Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 270 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC