As any cook with a booming zucchini crop knows, you can never have too many recipes calling for that abundant vegetable!Shirlee Nelson, Marcus, Iowa
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup raisins or chopped dates
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Whisk the eggs and oil;
- stir into dry ingredients just until moist. Fold in zucchini,
- raisins and pecans. Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before
- removing to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 270 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.