- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup raisins or chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Whisk the eggs and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moist. Fold in zucchini, raisins and pecans. Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Zucchini-Oatmeal Muffins
Sort By :
"I changed it up some- mixed whole wheat and white flour, brown sugar and white sugar, substituted chocolate chips for the raisins, and left out the nuts (child with nut allergy). I initially didn't add the full amount of flour based on other reviews. However, I ended up having to add it because my batter was too wet without the flour. The muffins turned out great! I cooked them a little less than the suggested time, so maybe that's partly why mine weren't dry."
"I agree that these muffins are very dry and I would add, tasteless. I would think that with 4 eggs and the zucchini they would be very moist, but they are so dry they stick in your throat! I added 1/2 cup applesauce because the batter was so dry, but it didn't help. I am considering throwing the muffins out. I make muffins all the time, but this is one recipe I am throwing out!"
"Batter seemed a bit too thick, so I added about a cup of applesauce. I also subbed walnuts for pecans and chocolate chips for raisins (not so healthy, I know, but makes it more likely that my 3yo will eat them!). With those changes, the recipe made a full 2 dozen muffins. Baked at 400 for just 15 minutes, they were moist and perfect!"
"These muffins have a rich flavor; however, they are not very moist. The recipe actually made 24 muffins, which turned out a little dense. Overall, they are good, and I will make them again."
"I have not even eaten 1 of these yet but the whole house smells terrific. I converted the recipe to make 12 muffins which was fairly easyexcept the eggs which I simply estimated the amount of 2 2/3 eggs. I can hardly wait till they cool down so I can test 1"