Oats and pecans add heartiness to these slightly sweet muffins. Your family will never know you're sneaking a vegetable into these treats!Janet Bonarski, Perry, New York
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pecans, oats baking
- powder, salt and cinnamon. In a small bowl, beat eggs; combine with
- zucchini and oil. Stir into dry ingredients, stirring only until
- moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 cull. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes
- or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool
- for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 421 calories, 23 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.