Oats and pecans add heartiness to these slightly sweet muffins. Your family will never know you're sneaking a vegetable into these treats!—Janet Bonarski, Perry, New York
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pecans, oats baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a small bowl, beat eggs; combine with zucchini and oil. Stir into dry ingredients, stirring only until moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 cull. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Zucchini/Oatmeal Muffins in Country Woman July/August 1992, p35
Reviews for Zucchini Oat Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review