- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease two 8x4-in. loaf pans. In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking soda, lemon peel, cinnamon and baking powder; gradually beat into sugar mixture, mixing just until moistened. Stir in zucchini and walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Zucchini Nut Bread
"I used 9x5" pans so cooked a few minutes less. This is a really good recipe, like the addition of lemon, and it did turn out with a nice texture. It will replace my old recipe, I like this much better."
"Best zucchini bread ever! I make it without nuts for my kids. I almost always use lemon extract instead of the zest because I usually don't have a lemon on hand."
"I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I'm required to rate it. But, I will say this: If this zucchini bread tastes anything like my aunt's I'm going to love it."
"This bread rose the highest of any zucchini bread I have ever made! I used 7 3/4 x 4 1/2 pans and the loaves rose 1/2 inch over the top of the pan. They still came out of the pan just fine. The bread is moist and delicious. The lemon zest gives it a sparkle of flavor. Yay for a new go-to zucchini bread recipe!"
"I made it exactly except for lemon zest(didn't have any). Very good recipe great flavor not too dense and flavorful. Will make again"
"Made 6 loaves last week! Best zucchini bread ever!"
"I make a lot of zucchini bread (my garden gets out of control), and my family asked me yesterday to keep this one as my go-to recipe. The cookbook I found it in has a chocolate version, too, so I made both and both are big hits. The regular is just sweet enough to get my kids to forget there is zucchini it, and the chocolate version tasted just like chocolate muffins I would get at my favorite bakery. I am making more today to stock my freezer!"